Education and technology are inextricably linked today. The sheer volume of apps for learning in the market is increasing every day. And it’s a good thing – technology can make education more engaging and interesting. Clever is a single sign on service which allows the students to sign in once and have access to a variety of digital resources.
What is Clever Portal?
Clever is an online student portal that acts as an access point for all the different resources a school requires its students to access. You can think of it as a single bridge that leads you to all your destinations.
It’s like a digital hub, where all the resources your school needs you to access are present. And with a single access to the Clever Portal, you’ll have access to all these resources – in one fell swoop! With Clever, there’s no need to remember the usernames and passwords for all the different apps; you only need to remember the login information for Clever.
So, no more meltdowns about losing the login information for the app your teacher needs you to access.
How does it work?
It syncs automatically with PowerSchool information: if a student is enrolled in a HR or classroom roster, they will be able to access Clever enabled programs (refreshed each morning). If a student is not enrolled in a HR or class, reach out to your school ops team. Teacher accounts in this are associated to the classroom’s setup in PowerSchool.
Conditions for Using the Clever Login Portal
The Clever Login portal has some prerequisites that must be met. Make sure you have the following items on hand if you want to use the Clever Portal:
- You will need the official URL of the Clever portal
- Your registered login information, which consists of your registered email and password, is required.
- Require a device via which you may access the Clever Portal, such as a computer or smartphone, or tablet
- Make sure your gadget is compatible with your internet connection.
Methods for Getting to the Clever Login Portal
It offers each kid, parent, teacher, and district administrator a personal login gateway. As a result, you can follow the methods listed below based on your needs:
Innovative Student Login
To access the Smart Student Login portal if your school system makes use of it, simply follow the steps listed below:
- You should start by going to clever.com.
- Next, type the name of your school and choose it from the list.
- The final step is to choose “Log in with Google” from the available options.
- Next, enter your password and registered email address to access your Clever Student Login.
The Clever Badges can also be used to access your account. But to sign in, you’ll need a webcam.
Login as a parent or guardian
By following the steps below, parents or guardians can access their Smart Parent portal:
- You should start by going to clever.com.
- The Log in to Clever section will then appear when you continue to scroll down your page.
- Click the “Log In” button located directly underneath the Parent or Guardian area there.
- Your email address, phone number, and password must be entered in the spaces provided.
- You must click “Log In” once you have entered the necessary information.
Clever Teacher or Staff Login
If your school district makes use of this service, teachers and employees can also log into the Clever Account:
- You must click on this link: clever.com.
- The Log In to Clever area can then be found by scrolling down the page.
- Click on “Log In” just underneath the area labeled “Teacher or Staff.”
- Enter the name of your school in the appropriate field, then choose the name.
- To access your teacher account, enter your login information next.
Clever District Admin Login
The steps listed below can be used by Clever District Admin to access the Clever Portal:
- Start by going to https://clever.com.
- The option to Log In is located farther down the page.
- Choose the “Log In” option under the District Admin area.
- Enter your registered email address and password in the corresponding spaces.
- Choose the “Log In” option after providing the necessary information.
- You can access your District Administrator if the correct login information was provided. Login
How to Reset the Password of Clever
Listed below are some easy steps to take if you’ve forgotten your Smart Parent Login site password:
- You must click on this link to https://clever.com.
- The Log In area can then be found by scrolling down the page.
- Click the “Log In” button beneath the Parent or Guardian section there.
- You must click “Reset Password” immediately beneath the login area.
- After entering your email address or phone number, press the “Send” button.
- The password reset instructions will then be sent to your registered email address.
What is Clever SSO?
Clever Single Sign-On (SSO) provides schools and school districts with a user-friendly method of authentication for young researchers. It is a portal-style experience that gathers all of the learning resources a student need in one place. To learn more, please visit Clever’s website.
Why use Clever SSO?
With this, schools can provide students and teachers with easy, seamless access to EBSCO Discovery Service, EBSCOhost, EBSCO’s Reference Center databases, Explora, Flipster, and NoveList.
EBSCO also offers a Clever integration for LearningExpress. To learn more about accessing LearningExpress with Clever, please see: LearningExpress Clever SSO Setup Guide For District Administrators.
Students at schools that have configured Clever will be able to use their existing, school-issued login credentials to gain access to supported EBSCO resources. They will be able to access resources from within their Clever portal, on the EBSCO login page, from an EBSCO link that prompts Clever authentication, or via Find My Organization.
User’s experience when using Clever SSO?
Students access their portal with their existing, school-issued login credentials. Once they successfully authenticate, they can click on the EBSCO icon and they’ll be seamlessly logged in.
By default, EBSCO’s Clever app will direct the user to the top-ranked profile configured in EBSCOadmin for that school. However, teachers and other Clever administrators can set up EBSCO direct links to send users to specific EBSCO profiles and add those as external links within Clever.
SSO can be used in tandem with IP address authentication. However, we recommend that you consider whether your school or district can switch entirely to Clever to access EBSCO resources. This will further streamline administration and provide consistent user experience. Check your Preferred Authentication settings to ensure that Clever SSO has been included in the Preferred Authentication Order field.
How do I set up Clever SSO?
This can be configured in EBSCO Experience Manager, with additional customizations made in EBSCOadmin. For instructions, please see Setting up Clever for Your District or School.
EBSCO also offers a white glove implementation and consultation service for products supported by the EBSCO Information Services app. For more information, contact your sales rep or EBSCO support.
The Portal is a great way to save the time it takes to log into all the different apps to access the study material and devote that time to actual studying. The students’ information is always secure with the Clever Portal, so that’s one less thing to worry about in addition to not having to remember all the different login info.